On August 30, 1915, the Winnipeg Rowing Club was re-organized as the Victoria Rugby Club. The Victorias conducted regular training sessions and then suspended operations on the eve of the 1915 season (September 30, 1915). The Victorias did continue to operate teams at other levels of football.
The Tiger Rugby Club asked the Victorias senior players to continue practicing while the Tigers searched for another group to sponsor the orphaned players. Eventually, the Winnipeg Canoe Club stepped forward and one game was played between the Tigers and Canoe Club.